- What in the heck is going on in the league? The Ravens lost to the Seahawks. Cincy nearly beat Pittsburgh. Philadelphia lost to ARIZONA! Craziness.
|His name is John Skelton, in case you were wondering.|
- Speaking of the Ravens, is there a harder team to figure out? They sweep the Steelers, beat the Jets and the Texans, but lose to Jacksonville and Seattle? And as much as I like Joe Flacco, I’ve never really believed in him … until two Sundays ago when he led that amazing game-winning drive, despite his receivers’ best efforts to sabotage him. And now I’m back to not believing in him. He only has 10 touchdowns and a 75.6 passer rating on the season. Sorry, Joe.
|He looks confused, too.|
- Rough weekend for quarterbacks: Texans’ Matt Schaub is out, probably for the rest of the season, with a foot injury. In Kansas City, Matt Cassel is also out for the season with a hand injury. Mike Vick suffered two broken ribs. Matthew Stafford and Ben Roethlisberger both have broken fingers in their throwing hands.
- Please, no more Ford commercials. The fake customer press conference campaign not only doesn’t make sense, it is also very irritating. Just stop.
|I saw this probably 232 times this weekend.|
- Okay, people. One more time. All together now: Do. Not. Kick. To. Devin. Hester.
|I told you not to do it.|
- Matthew Stafford’s head is roughly the size of a beach ball. It’s huge!
|Look at that thing!|
- I actually kinda like Mike Smith’s call to go for it on 4th and inches from Atlanta’s own 29 in overtime. I understand why everyone says it’s stupid. I get it. But I still like it. It was all-in, putting everything on the line for one play. Boiling the entire game down to one play. Gutsy. What I did not like was the play call. What was that? Is fourth-and-inches really the time for a delayed handoff?? Instead of having to go inches, Michael Turner had to go five yards from where he took the handoff. Try going five yards when everyone in the stadium knows exactly where you’re going.
|Sorry, Mike, you had no chance with that play call.|
- Tim Tebow went TWO for EIGHT! I thought he must have gotten injured or pulled from the game when I saw that line, but, no, he played the whole game and threw only 8 passes.
- Even more shocking? THE BRONCOS WON!! They won when their quarterback only completed two passes the entire game! And their starting running back went out. And their back-up running back went out. How did this happen?! Must be the Tebow mystique.
- I guess we can stop with all the Don’t-sleep-on-Philly talk.
|Yeah, you can probably sleep on this.|