- Aaron had a 142.7 passer rating on Sunday.
- The Packers had no penalties, no turnovers, and allowed ZERO sacks! So impressive, especially since I think a lot of fans were bracing for a rough week for Rodgers. I don’t think this erases the concerns on the offensive line, but it’s really nice to see that patched-up group play so strongly.
- Rodgers' passer rating this season on throws to Jordy Nelson entering the game was 156 and it was a perfect 158.3 Sunday night.
|Well done, sirs.|
- Packers have beaten the Bears four times in 2011. Tee hee.
|My only regret is they could only destroy Jay 3 of those times.|
- Dallas and NY Giants will be fighting for the last NFC playoff spot on Sunday. It all depends which Giants team shows up. I just can’t put money on the Cowboys. They’re so soft!
|"I wish I could just play hockey... 3 periods, then hit the showers."|
- Speaking of soft, did you see Jermichael Finley get denied the endzone by a safety?! Chicago’s Major Wright (who is 5’11”, 204 lbs), stood Finley (who is 6’5”, 247 lbs) up at the 2-yard line. Finley did score on the next play, but come on, JMike!
- Aww, yay for Drew Brees! He’s so awesome! Still not the MVP, though.
|You picked a bad season to have MVP numbers.|
- Did the Jets actually think they could win when allowing Mark Sanchez to throw the ball 59 times? What exactly did they expect? Both quarterbacks in the game were terrible - Eli Manning went 9-for-27! Nine for twenty-seven!! It’s just hard to resist the anticipated schadenfreude I will feel next week if/when the New York Jets get KO'd.
|"I'm going to keep talking smack even though you just embarrassed us."|
- Five defensive players from the two worst defensive teams - the Patriots and the Packers - were voted to the Pro Bowl. I’ll defend the Packer selections to the death, but … just saying.
|"I will harvest your soul if you do not vote for every single Patriot."|